Help and Guidance
The tool guides you to select your application step by step and to obtain
the safe use recommendations of your application.
You only need to answer 5 questions:
- Which substance (or product containing the substance) do I use?
- At which work area do I use the substance: in industry under industrial
circumstances (= industrial), as an occupational craftsman (= professional)
or as a do it yourself / private user (= consumer)?
- What is the actual application of the substance or product type? E.g.,
(re)filling, extraction, metal cleaning, recycling, paints, adhesives
& sealants, foams.
- Do I use the substance (or product containing the substance) indoor
- Which detailed activity do I carry out using the substance (or product
containing the substance)? E.g., rolling, brushing, pouring, spraying,
mixing, lab use?
Please review your use carefully and compare with the described Risk Management
Measures (RMMís). Adapt your RMMís appropriately to ensure safe use of the
If you cannot select your use by this toolbox (try several ways which may
fit best to your use), this use is probably not covered by the REACH assessments
done by the ECSA member companies. In this case, you may want to ask the
supplier of your solvent/product to cover your use in his REACH dossier
as long as this use is not prohibited by any law in your EU member state.
Another option would be to develop your own safety assessment for this use.
For the latter case, we encourage to ask REACH experts or occupational hygiene
experts for support.